Monday, March 25, 2013

AR Project Summary 5326


I started by giving an introduction/background where I stated problems that my school has been having.  Then I go on to the history of DAEP and discipline so that the reader will have an understanding of what DAEP schools are and how they got started.  I write about the different types of DAEP placements and the amount of days students are assigned.  My action research then goes into literature review where I write about the amount of different placements that have happened and what discipline strategies has been practiced before.  I researched the discipline strategies before DAEP placement and how successful they have been.  Then I go into what DAEPs are currently doing to correct student’s discipline and how it is working.  For my action research design I started with writing about the location of action research and some of the rules about the DAEP I work in.  I give a brief summary of how the school is run and how a day looks like.  I collected data about the placement from the TEA website and analyze what the different types of placement are and what placements have increase and deceased.  I have also been implementing some activity and write about how they are working out.  Some of them have not worked out as I wanted.  I also have information from a survey I passed out but I am not sure if I should use it.  There was a problem with the school district when I passed it out.  I had e-mailed some of my teachers from Lamar but not until this course did I receive feedback on my action research.  My teacher for this course suggested I interview other teachers from the district the questions from the survey.  I plan to interview teachers of students who have been sent to LDMC to see how the students are doing.  She also suggests that I research successful strategies for working with students who have discipline issues.  I feel this is what I have been doing with the boytown culuminum that did not work very well.  I will see what else there is by getting books about discipline from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment