Monday, November 5, 2012

Final Reflections


From web conference I was able to keep track of what was going on.  My classmates asked questions that I also had and I got answers to help me with my week’s work.  I was able to see what other classmates where thinking and worried about.  I did feel that the web conference were too late in the week.  I am someone who does most of the week’s work during the weekend before and could have used the lecture on Monday or Tuesday.  The video lectures outlined what the week was going to be about and gave me an understanding of the week’s assignment.  The readings, assignments and activities gave me an understanding of what an action research is and its benefits.  I learn about the importance of self reflection and how it can help for self improvement in ones practice.  Now I have an understanding of how to start an action research and steps that are needed throughout the action research.   I gained an understanding of what data can be used and how data can be collected to conduct action research.   I know that during the summer principal go to meeting and trainings.  During the year they implement what they learned and train their teachers.  Now I know that principals were at meetings discussing action research topics and during the school year implementing their research.  From blogs I was able to gain ideas from other classmates.  At first I was really confused about making an outline for my action research.  I did not understand what I was to do so I looked though my classmate’s outlines to give in an idea of how to start mine.  I was able to blog most of group and e-mail them through blackboard asking them to blog me.  Some of my classmate blogged me useful information.  For example, things to look out for and what they would change.  Another classmate blogged me that they like my action reach and find it useful for them.   My classmates work in different school districts that are run differently and have different programs.  One of my classmates mentioned that her school uses BIPs on non special education students.  The only BIPs I seen have been on special education students.  I am able to tell that if I were to work in another school district that has BIPs on non special education students my action research would need to include different things to it.  I also was able to see what issue other schools have from my classmates by reading their action research’s topics.  Other schools are working with increasing technology and how to keep track of records from technology programs.  The discussion board gave me feedback to concerns I had for my action research.  I read my classmate's replies and learned what they would do to overcome challenges I see.  I also got to see what challenges they might have and replied what I would do in their position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment